Whether or not you are a regular around the chiropractic office, or a complete stranger to the entire process, these facts may amaze you:
1. The biggest reason for missing work is because of back complications.
Bending over or leaning forward for a notable amount of time each day results in many concerns in the spine. Arthritis, nerve sensitivity, and hernia can all be caused by prolonged stress in your back. Visiting a chiropractic practitioner can prevent further recurring issues without having surgery or medication.
2. Improving poor posture will not only help you sit up straighter, but it can also help you walk taller – both literally and figuratively. Studies have shown that poor posture has a negative affect on your self confidence, and also directly affects work performance.
3. Chiropractic procedures can reduce the discomfort of pregnancy! It is a safe and painless process, as are all chiropractic treatments. Chiropractic can also affect pregnancy in a number of beneficial ways, including helping prevent nausea and minimizing the time of labor and delivery!
4. Chiropractic doctors are a powerful tool to enlist when striving to treat anxiety and depression. Their schooling includes long-term study of the neurological system, along with the external factors that affect it. A good chiropractor not only helps your body heal, but treats your mind as well. If you are suffering from tension, depression, or anxiety, a chiropractic specialist can help you manage it with treatment.
5. Getting normal chiropractic visits reinforces your immune system. A stronger immune system can better protect against allergens: both in resisting old allergies and protecting against new ones. In reality, reports of the chiropractic benefits to fighting illness go all the way back to the early 1900s. During the 1917-1918 flu pandemic, the death rate for the average medical patient exposed to the flu virus was 7 %, while chiropractic patients experienced a fatality rate of.25 %!
6. Chiropractic practitioners know a lot about the human body, and want to educate you so you can help yourself heal and grow. Part of their knowledge deals with nutrition: what you need – and don’t need – to continue on the path toward physical fitness and wellbeing. A chiropractic specialist can steer you in the direction of healthy eating habits that will allow you to manage your weight and energy, while encouraging you in physical activities that get you moving without having doing more harm than good.
7. Dr. Charles Robinson Johnson was known as “The Man Who Made Peekskill Famous”. He graduated from Palmer School of chiropractic in 1918 at 39 years old and practiced for more than 25 years in Peekskill, New York. His reputation brought hundreds of patients to his office every week. But what truly set him apart from other chiro doctors? He was not only one of the most successful chiropractic practitioners of all time, he was also blind!